BuddyBoss is a suite of products and services that help experts and leaders easily sell courses, memberships and build online communities with WordPress. We are seeking a versatile marketing copywriter to lead the creation of copy across all of our marketing assets and campaigns.
- English As First Language - This role will only suit someone whose first language is english. We need someone who can flawlessly write in the style, energy and tone of voice of our brand.
- Multimedia Copy Experience - Must have experience writing copy for various forms of media including Video Scripting, Landing Page & Web Copy, Email Marketing & Social Media.
- Multipurpose Copy Experience - Must have experience writing copy for a variety of purposes including Direct Response, Long & Short-form Ads, On-Page SEO & Search, Marketing & Brand Awareness content.
- Sample Portfolio - Must be able to share a variety of past sample work including at least 1 direct response video script (VSL), 1 brand awareness or informational video script, 2 contrasting ad copy examples (length, tone, objective etc.) 1 complete sales page or funnel page, and a selection of short-form social media copy.
- Marketing Team Experience - Should have experience working as part of a small to mid-sized marketing team or agency.
- SaaS Product / Subscription Service Experience - Should have experience writing copy for a SaaS or Subscription Service.
- Free, Low-Ticket & High Value Products - Should have experience writing copy to promote products and services across a price spectrum including products with a single transaction value in excess of $2,500
- Customer Avatar, Lifecycle & Journey Map - Should be confident working with Marketing, Product and Customer Success leaders to write copy targeting specific customer avatars, at specific points in their customer lifecycle and customer journey waypoints.
- Aptitude For Process Documentation - We will expect you to engage with our operations team to document and systematize the processes of creating copy to help standardise repeatable work requests and procedures.
- WordPress Ecosystem Knowledge - Should have a broad understanding of the WordPress ecosystem including familiarity with a range of the most popular tools used to build websites and manage businesses through WordPress, as BuddyBoss is a suite of products and services for WordPress users.
- Timezone Availability - Although this is a fully virtual position, candidates should be geographically located in a timezone that has some substantial working-day crossover with UTC+4 to allow real-time collaboration with key leadership.
- Copywriting Certification & Training - Whilst not required, any certifications, training or courses in Copywriting, Direct Response, Search & SEO, Creative Writing, Scriptwriting, Content Marketing would be very advantageous. We will look favourably on candidates who continuously invest in their own learning from any well respected internet marketing institutions or experts outside of formal education.
- Located In Dubai Or Willing To Relocate - Although not a requirement, candidates located in Dubai or willing to relocate would be highly advantageous.
90 Day Expectations
Within the first 90 days we expect you to have completed the following:
- Brand Voice Report - within the first 30 days we will want you to review and analyse our existing web, written ad and video copy and deliver a report to the executive team describing what the “voice” of the BuddyBoss brand currently is, identifying the common elements we have been instinctively employing to portray that voice, and identifying opportunities we have to improve our copy to better represent that voice.
- New Copywriting Task Management - Within the first 60 days we expect you to have taken over all new copywriting projects and tasks from our CEO.
This is a full time role starting immediately with a minimum of 40hrs commitment 5 days a week. This will be a fully virtual work-from-home position with no travel typically required. Successful candidate will have the option to work from our office in Dubai if they are already located here. Successful candidate will not be expected to relocate but if they wanted to that would be encouraged and very advantageous.
Accountability & Reporting
You will report directly to the Marketing Manager or CEO and will be accountable for all copywriting duties assigned by them.
You will be engaged for an initial three-month probationary period, after which you will have a performance review and, dependent on the outcome, will be offered the position.
Salary & Compensation
We will offer a competitive salary that is commensurate with your experience and reflects your location.